All of these instructions happen in the Tool Manager window. To get to the Tool Manager, go into LDAO, click the Options menu, and choose Tool Manager.
First, to make a new tool for MPD building:
- Click New.
- Enter MPD Builder as the name for your new tool.
- Set Command to
<path>\buildmpd.exe -model %model%
<path>is the path to your
buildmpd.exeprogram, such as
- Set Working Directory to
- Check the Show in Tools Menu and/or Show as Button options, as you want.
- Set the Requires Model and Needs Short Filenames options.
- Clear the Run via .BAT file option (?).
- Enter a Menu Caption if you want to launch the MPD builder from the Tools menu. Something like MPD &Builder (the ampersand tells LDAO what key to use as the short-cut key)
- Enter a Button Caption if you want have a button for the MPD builder on the main LDAO window. Enter something like MPD &Builder (the ampersand tells LDAO what key to use as the short-cut key)
- Enter Tooltip Text if you want. Something like Build a MPD file for distribution.
Thanks to Steve Bliss for the help with this document.
The MPD Builder is written in Ada. You can learn about Ada in the